Everyone has a food guilty pleasure. The thing they crave. What they could eat just about any time.
Some want burgers. Others crave comfort food. My best friend goes for chips & salsa.
But for me? It’s Pizza.
“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it’s good, it’s really good. When it’s bad, it’s still pretty good.”
My love for it is probably why I never before attempted to make it. Fear of failure.
And I’m also a traditionalist. I like the cheesy and greasy type with all sorts of toppings.
Since you crawl before you walk—I opted to try a simpler (but still delicious) option
I tried Margherita Pizza.
SO good! Plus you can throw it together quickly with just a few ingredients.
Confession: I used Pillsbury’s roll out pizza dough. (One day I’ll try to make the real thing). It pops like a can of biscuits (which always makes me jump) and if you use this method be ready to lay it Immediately on your greased cookie sheet. During my first attempt I tried to move it around too much and had a big stubborn doughy mess.)
(Recipe is for 1 pizza)
- Pizza dough
- 2 Tomatoes sliced thin
- Mozzarella Cheese (1- 1.5 cups)
- Fresh basil (sliced thin)
- Salt/Pepper/Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees
- Place dough on baking sheets (if you use pre-made follow those guidelines/this effects whether sheets should have cooking spray or not)
- Layer tomatoes on dough then lightly drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Sprinkle cheese & basil
- Bake another 5-7 minutes